How Much Does It Cost To Join The Toy Library?
· There are three types of membership:
o Rostered Duty Membership
§ $135.00 per 12 months with 4 check-in duties
§ $87.50 for 6 months with 2 check-in duties
You will be required to assist the Toy Library Co-ordinator during a session once every 3 months and support our fundraising activities. You are required to swap with another person or member if you are unable to attend your duty.
o Non Helper Membership
$235.00 non-rostered for 12 months
$137.50 non-rostered for 6 months
You are not required to assist the Toy Library at all but you will be asked to support our fundraising activites.
o Pay-as-you go / Casual Membership
$30 per month
This membership option suits grandparents or people who have family visiting for short periods of time. It is also great for members that don't want to commit to 6 or 12 months or have their own toys in transit while settling in New Plymouth. It does not include any rostered duties. It automatically renews if toys are on loan after the expiry of the month and is payable at the next visit. The $30 applies to 1 month or part of a month.
Other toy fees still apply (see ’How Does it Work’).
No refunds are given for "change of mind or circumstances".
How Does it Work?
Membership Entitlement: 4x toys plus optional 2x puzzles, games or dress-ups for 2 week loan
Toy reserves at a cost of $3 per item.
When you hire toys you will be given a receipt which lists the toys and their due date. Please bring this with you when returning toys as it makes the check-in process quicker and easier.
· ID such as driver’s licence or passport
· eftpos preferred, internet banking (or cash payment) available too:
Taranaki Toy Library Trust, TSB 15-3953-0013066-00
· $25 no-show for rostered duty shift
· $5 (or negotiated depending on cost to replace) per missing piece
· Fines for damaged toy by negotiation depending on age and condition of toy
· $1 per toy per week for late toys if not returned a week after due date
· $5 cleaning but we would prefer to re-issue the item and have it returned clean.
· Please check all toys borrowed against the parts listed on the receipt upon getting home and contact the library within 24 hours should any pieces be missing or broken. If no contact is made any pieces missing or broken on return will be charged as per our policy.
· Do not allow children to play with the bags/boxes as they are for transportation to/from the Toy Library only.
· Please don’t leave ride-ons, bikes, etc outside in the sun, bad weather or over night.
· Check bitsy / multiple item toys regularly as it is easier for your child to help you find something if it was played with recently.
· Please let us know if anything is broken or if you have any safety concerns about a toy.
· Sort out and check toys by label description or receipt before returning toys. Remember the boxes, plastic bags, instructions that you may have put away safely.
· Please return items clean and tidy, in the condition you would like to receive them!
· Toys returned with items missing (including bag/containers and instructions) will be reissued to a member to take home and look for the item. If after this two-week period a member is unable to locate the item a non-refundable fine will be charged.
· Please consider replacing damaged toys and containers, or missing pieces with items of equal value. The Toy Library Co-ordinator must approve this first.
· All toys remain the property of the Taranaki Toy Library Trust. Please do not exchange Library toys with friends even if they are Toy Library members.